Mcclellanville (near Mount Pleasant), SC
Buck Hall Recreation Area is located on the Intracoastal Waterway, with direct access to saltwater and the Cape Romain National Wildlife Refuge
RV CAMPSITE INFO:
RV camping sites are $20/site/night plus an additional one time $9 reservation fee if reservations are made though Reserve America
Limit one camping unit per site, one boat/trailer per site and no more than 2 trucks/sedans per site for a total of 3 vehicles maximum per site.
TENT CAMPSITE INFO: Tent camping sites are $15/site/night plus an additional one time $9 reservation fee if reservations are made though Reserve America.
No more than 2 tents per site. Tents must be on camping pads.
Two parking sites per tent site are available. Additional parking available in overflow parking area for a fee of $5 per vehicle. Occupants of tent sites may park one boat/trailer in the parking area designated for boat/trailer parking. (No additional fee is required)
OVERFLOW CAMPING INFO: Overflow tent camping is allowed for (1) one night only if campground is full and is located in overflow area for a fee of $5 per tent. NOTE: NO RV's are allowed to overnight in overflow parking.
Maximum 10 tents in overflow per night.
For more information on fishing, shrimp baiting or hunting contact DNR or Francis Marion Sumter National Forest websites.
For more information, call the Wambaw office at (843) 887-3257 or access the DNR website.
Services & Amenities:
- Accessible Boarding Dock
- Accessible Boat Ramp
- Accessible Picnic Area
- Accessible Restroom
- Bike Riding
- Bird Watching
- Boat Launch
- Boat Ramp
- Boat Trailer Park Lot
- Campground Host
- Comfort Station
- Covered Group Structure
- Docks, Fishing/Crabbing
- Drinking Water
- Dump Station
- Fish Cleaning Station
- Fishing Pier
- Group Picnic Shelters
- Group Shelter
- Hiking Trail
- Mountain Biking
- Multi Lane Boat Ramp
- Paved Parking Spurs
- Paved Roads
- Picnic Area
- Picnic Shelter
- Picnic Tables
- Separate Tent Areas
- Site Pads
- Trails, Bicycle
- Water Drinking
- Water Fountains
- Wildlife Viewing
|Within 10 Miles|
Alerts and Important Information
As of Tuesday, September 1st, 2009, all RV and Tent Sites will be under the Reserve America System for reservations.
1. All RV and Tent sites are available through Reserve USA. Sites not reserved can be occupied on a first-come-first-serve basis and paid for one day at a time. Camping fees are as posted.
2. Only registered campers are permitted in the campground after 10 P.M. OCCUPANTS OF RV SITES are limited to three vehicles* and 8 peope per site.
3. Tents allowed in designated areas only.
4. All additional vehicles* must be parked in the overflow parking area and must pay the use fee as posted.
5. RV or camp unit MUST park on paved area provided at each site. The remaining maximum number of vehicles to that site must have at least 2 wheels on the pavement.
6. Visitors to campsites that have reached the vehicle limit must park their vehicles in the day use or over flow parking areas and pay the use fee as posted.
7. Campers launching boats must park boat trailers at campsite or in the overflow parking area.
8. OCCUPANTS OF TENT SITES are limited to two vehicles and 8 people per site. No more than 2 tents per tent site. Tents must be on camping pads.
9. Establishing, maintaining, or using a campsite shall be limited to a period NOT TO EXCEED 14 DAYS TOTAL.
10. Camping equipment must be set up on site upon arrival and the site must be occupied the first night of the stay.
11. Campers may not leave equipment unattended for more than 24 hours without permission
12. Check out for campground is at 11 am.
13. Upon vacating a site, all personal property will be removed.
14. OBSERVE POSTED CHECK OUT TIMES. IF YOU ARE LEAVING, YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR ANY ADDITIONAL NIGHTS.
15. It is prohibited to operate a motorbike, motorcycle or other motor vehicle for any purpose other than entering or leaving the site.
16. Quiet time is between 10 P.M. to 6A.M.
17. It is prohibited to bring or possess an animal, other than a seeing eye dog, unless it is caged, upon a leash no longer than six feet, or other wise under PHYSICAL restrictive control.
18. Camping is allowed in the overflow parking area, in the five designated over flow camp sites at the end of the over flow parking area, for ONE NIGHT ONLY if Buck Hall Campground is full.
19. NO CAMPING is allowed during the Shrimp Baiting Season.
*(A vehicle is defined in 36 CFR 261.2 to mean any device in and upon, or by which any person or property is or may be transported. Examples of a vehicle include a RV, camping unit, boat on a trailer, sedan, SUV, SUT, truck, station wagon, utility trailer or motorcycle.)
All visitors and users of the National Forests are subject to Federal Regulation.
Some points of conduct are listed here and all are found in the regulations published in Title 36 Code of Federal Regulations and are on file at all Forest Supervisor and District Ranger offices. Regulations are enforceable through Federal Regulations. Violation of orders and regulations is subject to punishment by a fine or imprisonment.
Jun 16 2010 to Jun 14 2011
Jan 01 2010 -
Dec 31 2010
|TENT ONLY NONELECTRIC
|GROUP SHELTER ELECTRIC
Jan 01 2011 -
Dec 31 2011
|TENT ONLY NONELECTRIC
|GROUP SHELTER ELECTRIC
Campground Phone: 843-887-3257
Reservation Phone: 877-444-6777
Customer Service Phone:888-445-1474
Backcountry Permits Phone: 877-550-6777
Buck Hall Recreation Area Campground Reservations