Cross Lake near Jordan, New York
Even though Cross Lake is rather deep (65' max) don't expect to find any trout in here; warmwater fish make up the fishery of this lake. The fish on the most part don't grow to record breaking sizes but there are some big ones in here. If that interests you enough to fish here don't go running off quite yet, I have some helpful (hopefully) tips for you.
• If you want to catch the panfish during the summer try fishing the weeds at the upper end of the lake with live bait. Fuzzy grubs tipped with minnows fished about 10ft deep among the weeds will work.
• The spot mentioned above also is known to hold muskies that can be caught on spinners, big spoons, big swimbaits, jerkbaits, shallow running crankbaits tossed to the shallow weedlines, and topwaters throw into pockets.
• Trolling spinners, crankbaits, and crawler harnesses along the 10-30 foot deep breaklines in the northeast corner will work for walleyes.
• You could also try fishing Pemberton Point with minnows and shiners for walleyes.
• Trolling big spinners and spoons along the steep drop-offs in the narrow, middle portion of the lake will yield big pike.
• Big and Little Isles yield good bass to those who throw plastic frogs, spinners, and soft plastics near them.
• If you are after big catfish consider fishing the Seneca River inlet after dark, on the bottom with live fish, dead fish, stink bait, and shrimp.
• For you perch anglers you can find your favorite fish among the weeds and lily pads in the south end. Try using live bait and small jigs. Bobbers will work as well.
• Bass, pike, and muskies can also be caught near the perch on spinners, minnow baits, jerkbaits, topwaters, and soft plastics (make sure the size of your lure fits the size of the fish you want to catch). The best color pattern for this part of the lake is, guess…. Perch!
• Good luck fishing!
Cross Lake Fishing near Jordan, New York
Write a Report
Details for Cross Lake
Species Caught Here: None
Access: Public Property
Body of Water Type: Lake
Lat/Long: 43.142288 -76.484383
Bodies of Water near Cross Lake
Local Hotel Rooms
Description for Cross Lake, Cayuga County, New York
Cross Lake is a lake located just 5.3 miles from Jordan, in Cayuga County, in the state of New York, United States, near Plainville, NY. Fishermen will find a variety of fish including catfish, northern pike, pumpkinseed, bullhead, bream, bluegill, muskie, white perch, walleye, drum, gar, sunfish, smallmouth bass, crappie, perch and largemouth bass here. Whether you’re baitcasting or fly fishing your chances of getting a bite here are good. So grab your favorite fly fishing rod and reel, and head out to Cross Lake. Alternate names for this lake include Tionctora and Ti-onc-tong.
For Fishing License purchase, fishing rules, and fishing regulations please visit New York Fish & Wildlife
Please remember to check with the local Fish and Wildlife department to ensure the stream is open to the public. Now get out there and fish! Check out our Fishing Times
chart to determine when the fish will be most active.